Monday, March 23, 2015

Jo learns a painful lesson


Over the last few months and off and one over the last couple of years I've been having difficulties around stopping my computer use after usual hours and even then truthfully It hs seemed about three-quarters of the hours I've been awake I've been online just pausing for meal and toilet breaks. Sometimes after stopping at One o clock I'll reasume just a couple of hours later.
On Monday morning last, I got up just after Three A.M. pulled my right arm over the bed and picked up my netbook, turning it on and logged into several sites for four hours continuously to about Seven.
Now my bedtime is about Ten P.M. and I'm usually awake from about Six A.M onward and this should give me time to get plenty of sleep in because with some the disabilities I have, I do get tired quicker than some of you so have a greater need to recoup that energy.
But I didn't so as the day got on I felt more and more tired, falling asleep and also started to get rather cranky making doing my chores which is now part of the ground rules living at home more difficult. It simply had to be reported to my mentor.
Now as I had deliberately broken my sleep with major consequences on my own well being as well as impacting on others I expected some punishment to occur simply because I need to given a consequence I could not forget to help me break this pattern of behaviour as I have had this problem before.
 I had to stand in front of him so when he told me to I was to pull down my knickers right to my ankles before he took me over the chair and I gave him the rear hem of my dress for him to pull up for me.
He gave me a warm hand spanking to start with which smarted before picking up the hairbrush which he gave me 12 strokes with.
My bottom looked quite red in the mirror when I checked shortly afterward that would explain why it was  very painful and still stung a few days later.
I am under agreement to report for a week my use of the computer which also is to terminate at bed time (unless a super major emergency occurred) and only resume after it's time to get up and if I break it, then the spanking will be repeated.
All of this is entirely my own responsibility for both breaking the rule that is about ensuring I am getting enough sleep to enable me to get by the following day and not using responsibly my computer.
Several days on I am keeping to my bedtimes, not cutting them even though this has been hard through what some call “Fear of missing out” when you can't get to sleep because you're pre-occupied with the latest developments, updates and messaging which is very common with teens.
Apart from having the support of my Mentor, I have been reminded by others that this needs to stop and everything that's happened so far in is justified which take us back to end.
I am going to do my darn most to end this cycle of behaviour from now on and the best thing is for everyone to support me in doing this.
I simply have to try harder.

No comments:

Post a Comment