Wednesday, November 1, 2023

Dept of strange affairs!

It's not uncommon for me to get new records and recently I have got a few classical records after a good twenty five or so years of just getting cds that I have played.

Schroeder's sentiments in this classic Peanuts frame below do rather match my own to be honest.



Yesterday had it's own moments too. Like as some of you know I have much of my music stored on micro sd cards for my music player for use out and about or  I'm poorly which isn't exactly uncommon with me, to play via it to a small stereo in my rest room.

It saves faffing about finding the recording and putting it on a cd or turntable when I'm feeling seriously yukky.

Anyway I like the awesome Canadian group Rush, always did and had been getting the new better than regular cd High Definition downloads  my player plays extremely well and I keep a spare card with back ups of them on.

Imagine then my reaction when while changing a card and it flies through mid air and I can't see it landed!

I was tearing my hair out trying to find it last night and have only just spotted it at the very end of the room in a dark corner just visible by it's gold plated contacts where it had landed contact side up!

I can see I'm gonna have to get a changing bag to put the player in while I'm doing this so it can't travel as far!

Now just listening to Stravinsky's The Firebird Suite as I type this!

No comments:

Post a Comment