Sunday, March 1, 2009

Jo, the Catkin lovin' schoolgirl

Eileen Soper is an illustrator whose works I am familiar with as she did a good number for the many stories Enid Blyton wrote and this is one that I feel is really effective.
Spring you see is very much a part of my life, something that I was immersed in living in the countryside nay even playing in it enjoying the freedom to explore and observe nature in in that see what is inside of me.
The Catkins that start to emerge around this time of year are an evocative childhood memory of mine seeing them on the route into school that we walked along and the nature rambles our teachers had us do, picking things to discuss, draw and  write about in class afterward.
Not being able to out often makes me antsy and defiant not because I feel antagonistic toward people but more its about me trying asset control over  something I can so sometimes making sure I get to go outside helps my behaviour.

No comments:

Post a Comment