Saturday, October 12, 2013

Taking your turn

Let's say we did this school role playing thing, this would be a dead ringer for one very memorable part of my growing up (allegedly) in that era, having to wait outside of the Headmaster or Principals office for a paddling where one would be leaving in tears you were next and the one after having heard what happened before, isn't taking it so well.
Maybe it's her first time up for a Paddling and perhaps even mindful was she tries to explain to her parents just why sitting down seems so awkward today with the pain her bottom is having to live  with.
My own head teacher did this to a number of times but actually I loved him to pieces even naming the teddy bear I slept with after him cos he genuinely cared for you even part of that was having to correct your behaviour and he did heaps to help me in school, made sure bullies got proper punished and always made time to talk to us not as equals because he was an Adult Authority figure and I was a a child in his care but as a very caring man. I cried buckets full when he died.

No comments:

Post a Comment