Wednesday, September 11, 2024

You and the week

Well the tidying up this term continues in The Dorm which I hope you all appreciate while obviously we need to continue with new entries that follow that aim  which are really rooted in now.

Being away this weekend was great, managed against the odds to walk rather more taking my time at it than I had since being struck down with covid a few years ago that affected my breathing noticeably apart from brain fog and lethargy, taking in the sea air.

My world is and always has been a bit different, like how many people do you know who are legally adults that have dollies on their armchairs and teddies on benches in the front room and yesterday I spent the day in pink and white short skirt with white tights on?

Or who else would see seeing the White Rabbit  and buying coconut ice as being a highlight, just loving cute tasty candy?
 

It's not as if the other things didn't make an impact, like Miss Kitty, I found punk rock but it brought itself into that world rather than moving me along beyond it so the world in minds eye is different than my peers.

Growing Up? Well that was rather less of a space ship booster rocket take off into new unexplored space as a widening of the current space even if magazines like this would of been more what I would of wished for as much as the loss of so much of the children's comics over the last few decades is sad when fun got replaced by commercializing Tv, toy and movie ties with plastic tat.

Web events today are a thing, you buy access tickets and take part in interactive sessions even if real life conventions still exist although sadly I missed this one some nine years ago

No comments:

Post a Comment