Monday, July 18, 2016

Reply first...

I've been a bit busy over the course of the week  with various things not least this weekends studying as I'm better than I was so I had been thinking about how I relate to people.
 I saw this and it seemed to make sense because for a very long time  I've been in effect encourage to listen to reply to a conversation as if I had to have the final say to whatever was said to me no matter who even said it.
At no point would occur to me that I needed more to understand  what it was I was being asked or told to do as the end in itself.
In other words I was to understand what you were saying and just respect that as it was with you as an authority over me but instead I was questioning you all the time feeling the need to reply all the time.
It often left me at odds with people who'd shrug their shoulders  with how I was disrespecting them but they'd never do anything  to cause me to change my behaviour so I didn't.
It's not that I don't think this is just me, I feel it may be a good number of us seem to get this message in rush to answer and be heard but it's us who need to deal with it even if we do have people in our lives who'll discipline us now on as that is just a means to an end.
The point we assume responsibility for our actions.

No comments:

Post a Comment