Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Wednesday media round up

There's a few things I'd like to talk about before my next entry sometime next week and I think the first thing is I enjoy light hearted social interaction, it may be a laugh and a joke on a Status update, a journal or say in a chat room.

This week I've been thinking back to my past and the things that were in them  and one thing that certainly was were comics.

Most of the popular comics we had tended to show more co-ed education because I guess they were more for both sexes and that was easier but outside the toppling duo of the Dandy and Beano you moved more into the world I felt more at one with, the girls only comic.

The staple of them was typically at least one all girls boarding school story but Judy had an interesting story of a world where you might be the only Girl admitted to what was a boys school perhaps because it may of been more convenient for your parents.

Just how might such a world of worked out when came to things like team sports given boys schools always did Rugby, Association Football and Cricket.

Could you imagine being in a rugby scrum with a load boys all pushing and shoving trying to get that ball off you?

These kinds of things intrigue me as much as in some ways I 'trailblazed' some changes in real life school and work settings when I'd been very much in the minority.

It's a bit like how in Scouts over here in time it's gone co-ed requiring thought about how to run activities such as Camp.

No comments:

Post a Comment