Wednesday, October 18, 2017

"Nothing else seems to help..."

After last weeks justified rant about the failings of part of my Support System in dealing a important health and welfare issue we move on to something else.

This digitized newspaper clipping from the mid twentieth century where in connection with bring up children (and young adults) there was quite a bit of talk about what worked and up to how old you then popular methods of discipline such as spanking should be used for.
The explanation around why the daughter gets spanks more often than many  is very very close to home because with me I just don't deal with warnings and reasoning is often less than effective with me getting muddled and seen more as a walk over as I just ignore them.
Until the resumption in adulthood of era stereotypical spanking, we'd just ignore any requests and just get into a totally confused mess when trying to verbally chastise me.

To actually deal with me you need to learn to feel comfortable with having a relationship with me where you will communicate your displeasure by just gently restraining me with an arm  and spanking me straightaway.

You need to hold nothing back so I feel both physically and emotionally your displeasure ensuring it registers with me beyond any doubt to dissuade me in the future from repeating it.

You may need to be prepared in extreme situations to bring a cane out to really get the point over because the point is simply, this is just about the only thing that does teach me how to behave oddly enough. It's just how I'm wired.

No comments:

Post a Comment