Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Wednesday's on my mind edition


This week gone I was dealing with a few things that play with emotions that sometimes get too carried away with.
The first was really more cos we've been decorating here which often feels like it's two-thirds moving and one third actual time decorating by the time you've moved things and put them back where they usually live.
The area we were decorating is the living room wall of which a part is a corner where I sit  with plushies on a surface, music players to avoid any tv shows that I find too hard to stomach emotionally and the Chromebook for looking at certain sites on so obviously they'd have be moved.
Because of my memory issues moving things isn't a good idea generally speaking as I can and do forget anything suddenly gone as I have little short-term memory and so I planned where to move them to writing a note in my pocketbook of where each thing was and where it normally goes.
This goes well and by Sunday we are putting things back as the person decorating sees a patch he's not too happy with and goes to touch it up while I wasn't up. Now I get up and it comes to that part of the day I'd be looking looking at using one the players  but they aren't there. I go looking all around the house for them all frantic  as apart from the cards with music one I didn't want to lose, these thing are a few hundred pound each almost breaking a pictures it falls over and nobody says "I moved this" or "What you looking for" until half an later were one person said "I moved them because I touched up the painting" putting them somewhere you'd never expect to see.
Like why can't you just say when you come down "Oh by the way I put this here"? cos it really wound me up thinking I'd lost something expensive to replace.
Another thing has been some issues within the stealth Tumblr I haves age regression communities where two people have been very much at each others throats to the point one threatened to end their life late Sunday and another hasn't been heard of since a similar statement was issued a a few days back.
My own feelings are that two of them are feel they *are* age regression to the point they bully themselves and attempt to bully others apart from being very manipulative to everyone else which one reason I keep my distance from direct involvement in groups and why my main Tumblr is with a group that outside a few rules has 'live and  let live' approach to how people regress and what when outside of that regressed headspace people may do.
To me everybody does this thing differently and what's so wrong with that?
The third thing is a little techno and that is a couple of years ago I bought a HP brand 64gb usb memory stick and it has developed a fault that seems common with PNY sourced sticks of this series where it goes into write protection only mode which in everyday terms means you can read what is on it but not edit nor remove anything. A digital headstone in a way which is frustrating as there's 7gb spare AND I did want to remove some content.
While it's still read only I'll copy over to two new Sandisk sticks, one just as music copy (Flac and some Lame Mp3 320's) and another that can live in the Dell windows machine for pictures and littles related text content I don't want handing around on a hard drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment