Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Reflections fromSummer 2019 camp


Well, we're back after last weeks adventures that have been documented on the other blog on Monday so I won't repeat myself too much here.
As you'll know I've had a good number of things on my mind for most of the year so far in which have made my conditions somewhat worse than usual so going away as the processes around those things resolve themselves was really more about resetting myself.
One good thing about where we were was that I could just go off into a massive garden to think and immerse myself in watching and listen to the birds, enjoying the plants with many fascinating insects, just getting into that frame of mind.
Sometimes I find the preoccupation with news, reports from various groups on topics just overwhelms me to the point I sense my heart sinking every time I hear the letterbox open so just being totally away from it helped.
The other was just playing and colouring in where I made up the colour scheme rather than slavishly following the original ones that help lift my mind toward both a sense of imagination and also the possible rather than being stuck in a cycle of negativity.
I also did go for walks which lead to me interacting with strangers, exploring the area and just feeling more at ease with myself and the wider world.
Upon my return I felt fresher and a beige envelope showed my ESA money  for not being able to work was going to continue which draws a line under much of what had taken its toll on me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment