Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Guides for Jo?

There are times when I tend to think about the "what ifs" as much as I hold with not having regrets about how life has turned out over the years.

Within this life there is the eternal schoolgirl, the one as this blog puts it is in "Jo's Dorm" but as a chance overheard conversion with some schoolboys earlier on in this lockdown remarked as they went they had more in that label.

For me the act of presenting as the forever schoolgirl Jo has involved a lot of things such as wearing school uniform, doing some actual studying and being subject to the kind of school discipline of my era.

I do feel though that as they boys said about themselves there's more in those identities like the interests you have and it's not of you are always a child - some use the term Age Dysphoria" to describe it  - the case it's all school.

I think something like a form of Girl Guides experience given obviously it could never be with their official organisation with the activities, oversight and uniform with in a week would be something I would look forward to, working to similar goals.

With me it's never been about just the academic, just being an autistic girl means you find social interaction awkward and the associated things make following instructions difficult so a mixture of outdoor stuff, practical activities and some life skills  based around past programs.

Given the Brown Owl of my era could smack then there's no reason for me while with someone who was being her not to use it the odd time rather as a few are wont to do just to use things like school or guides as theme for spanking role play in ways they just were not in that era.

No comments:

Post a Comment