Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Music - can it take you to adultland?

 

I was reading a popular and usually pretty sensible Tumblr blog when I came by a post which was supposed to been all about of coming out of a regressed little headspace to re-enter a adult one which was interesting.

The first thing is with me if you hand not realized I'm not regressed in the sense in which I enter a younger headspace from having been in an adult one because actually I'm always like this.

It's more about to what extent I mask it to the point I just have a meltdown cos some of you can't handle it.

The bigger thing was they were were talking about steps to take to get back into this adult state of mind and one they suggested was playing music you associated with that role and like I was thinking "Uh-huh?"

Look, I know a fair bit about music, did it at school, collect recordings by many artists in different genres and have been know to blog elsewhere about it but is there really such a thing thing as music you associate with being adult?

I was listening to symphonies and solo piano music at the age 8 starting to have a bit of a record collection as that girl, like most of you I heard my folks favourites some of which I liked and some I didn't but all this music takes me back to my childhood.

If you heard a song of your parents that they liked to play doesn't that actually take you back in that time?

To me that's always been the thing. Music takes you back.

I get it that you may need to do somethings like run your own finances and work if you're capable of it so you can't just stay at home playing with your barbies but the idea that there is music that somehow catapults you back to doing adult stuff I find very hard going.

No comments:

Post a Comment