Wednesday, February 21, 2024

Times past and present

I've a little time to kill today so I thought I'd work on this weeks entry tonight instead of leaving it until later and I'll start of by thanking those of who read and remarked on last weeks entry.

One recurring theme from the last seven days has been how you can be transported back in time by such things as rewatching tv shows or  hearing and  maybe discussing such things as music as you recall people, places and events from that period that link in with your childhood. 

There's a phenomenon people call the 'Earworm' that enables to you recall the sounds and tunes when they are heard again even if it may of been decades since you last heard them. 

It may even be one reason people listen to and collect recordings from the past apart from the joy listening to music can bring.

I had a number of those moments this week listening to Boom Radio hearing tracks I hadn't heard on radio for ages and going into a different world.
Then talking some more around the subject of schooldays and the notion of being a schoolgirl with a few people in a more personal way proved interesting for the similarities in what we get from it - being the child, the love of uniforms and structure, finding an inner peace and when we first realized we were different than our peers.

The observant will note its no coincidence the tops are just like mine cos this is the most comfortable in my own skin I can feel and these days it matters so so much.

1 comment:

  1. I sometimes wish I could go back to schooldays. Mistakes could be rectified and consequences, looking back, were not that severe though they might seem painful then. Then an importantly there were rewards, many of these proved to be lasting. These were often those lovingly given and well learned lemons.

    ReplyDelete