Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Monday reflections

Here we go with another weeks entry in the weekend where my BFF was away enjoying herself and I was catching up on a few things.
Part of the weekend saw me out delivering the community magazines on foot to people, interacting face to face too as I went up and down peoples paths while trying to unsure I didn't get caught out by the showers as the weather was very unsettled.
I also removed a few old catalogues from the dining room as they were not just out of date  but in the instance of Maplin's ones well that store is in the process closing down so will be totally redundant within a week or two.
One strange thing that happened was I got a cd I hadn't ordered  from a company I do use and looking through he orders and invoices I simply cannot one for it at all. Bizarre or what???
I have gotten near enough everything organized now for getting to Susan's funeral including the train tickets as it is in far South east of England and I'm in the Midlands.
There should be an edition of this blog next week and I'll be around first thing Wednesday to post any links in the usual spaces before I make my way down there.
Finally this week, I mentioned last week about some unwanted followers on tumblr and how they can bring more of the same.
A few weeks back I spotted someone had followed  and reblogged a post of mine whose user name looked a bit suspicious so I went over to their account and noticed first of all there was a high proportion of picture of children in questionable poses so I scrolled down and spotted a few that he had reblogged that were clearly sexual.
Going to that persons account, I found what I can only described as being a large collection of some that went back quite some time which was really extremely sickening.
Having worked in child protection, nothing surprises me anymore and one thing you have to bear in mind beyond even the content is in the making of such images children are exploited and injuried.
I filled out a number of report forms with brief descriptions, my concerns and links to the posts for both account holders and sent them to Tumblr's minor safety people.
On Monday I got notification action had been taken - the entire accounts had been shut down - and  I only hope details are passed to their local police to go pay them a visit.
One hopes amongst these peoples followers they get the message, regardless of whatever sexual orientation you may have, involving children in it is an absolute NO. By statute they cannot consent to it either.

No comments:

Post a Comment