Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Wired up edition


This week I'm on twenty-four monitoring of my blood pressure as it is high which involves me having a blue coloured strap with sensors around my right arm connected to a machine that inflates it every half hour during the day  and hourly at night that takes readings that are stored electronically.
The basic idea is to record your blood pressure across a regular  day as for a variety of reasons readings taken typically at a doctors can be higher due to anxiety or activity involved in getting there such as walking on steep hills, waiting for delayed buses and so on.
When it's done, I have to press a button and then take it to the surgery for them to read it and sort anything out such as an appointment  to discuss results and follow up stuff.
As things were there was a long wait for a bus back - over an hour - I walked back which was why it should be I stopped when the machine was due to take a reading by a prominent local church taking in the views and admiring the grave stones sat on a bench as the machine did its thing.
Walking back was appreciable quicker even for me  and counts as daily exercise apart from just the pleasure of being out of doors even wired up.
I don't appear to have any recurring symptoms from the Lyme Disease so I've just been concentrating more on just relaxing with my stuffies, reading and the like to aid my recovery as it took a lot out of me.
Because the machine woke me up overnight, I lost a fair bit of sleep so had a nap before tea and went to bed just before nine as I felt shattered.

No comments:

Post a Comment