Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Childhood incidents

You really want to know what I did?
Hmm.. Deliberate destruction of a classmates toy at school aged 10 in the school cloak room cos I didn't think he should have it.
Period of 6 months harassing a fellow student at 14 involving threats to fight and knock over him and his wheelchair  and cos he was small, physical weak and I quite liked the power. I only stopped cos I got bored with it. He said nothing, so nothing happened, although others knew all about it.
Stole from school bus assistant.
Spending two years doing next to nothing in class and failing subject exams by not revising for good measure. Just told by folks they were disappointed in me so smirked when their backs were turned.
I'm not proud of any of it but there's something that needed to happen back then.
The thing was a Spanking because I evaded many school punishments by intimidation and lying plus home life was very disruptive with the usual preference just to say "We're disappointed" which was simply pathetic given the severity of these incidents.
It failed to prepare me for adulthood and all the responsibilities it brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment