Thursday, July 24, 2008

Learning Jo

The Dorm as a blog does look at various aspects of being me and from that my life that do not necessarily fit into other blogs no least that because of a changing world and some past issues around studying I am having to learn things anew.
One area is around the use of computers as all I had connected with with some rudimentary typing instruction in my teens and later on studying for my R.S.A 1 in typing skills and Word Processing as I worked in a clerical capacity and needed to type quickly and accurately and typing technology was evolving from electric and electronic typewriters with limited in-line correction to Word Processors that allowed for easier correction and functions like personalizing standard letters, advanced tabulation integrating this with preparing envelope labels and so on.
I later had to learn about emailing, using office suites as we'd moved away from Word-Processors to using personal computers with software like office suites for correspondence and using websites to look up information.
Of course it wasn't long before I discovered the dangers of emails sent in hast, completely misreading messages and earning the odd threat of a spanking!

No comments:

Post a Comment