Saturday, January 3, 2009

The LB years

Because I am Transgendered, I'm going to make a few posts connected directly to my personal experiences around age play, having an inner kid, being an adult little, school life and discipline from the angle of a person raised and positioned socially as a boy  even though even at that time it was plain to me I was girl albeit one in boys clothing.
Where I grew up (allegedly) it wasn't so common to have either all new clothing bought for you so you had somethings handed down from your siblings and cousins and most of my knitted wear was hand knitted by female relatives for me from patterns such as the one above and up to at least my 17th birthday whenever I visited Grandma, she always took my measurements and then show me a few patterns from which I was to select what she'd make me.
I was fortunate that quite often she'd knit me the girls version, especially buttoned cardigans while she did those for my female cousins.
My parents  always dressed me in shorts, lined proper tailored ones in part cos generally  I disliked long pants, especially jeans cos I liked to feel skin breathe so even though for the most formalist  occasions even in my mid teens generally I wore them, except for those periods I could 'borrow' a girls more formal skirt on my own.
In a lot ways I'm more Tomboy and have more in common with my Tomboy  sisters who'd wear dungarees and shorts too so being in shorts wasn't that big of a deal and to be honest I find the whole dressy side of a number in the transgendered  community a real turn off as all I wanted to be was me NOT a frilly dress or a canvas for make up and lipstick with just my name used and respected, that's all.
Although I was brought up in short and long socks, my mommy did put me in tights when I was in my teens and I wore tights at school under regular black trousers not unlike some schoolgirls do today.
I usually wore more 'blousy' shirts like with cherry motif on them or more unisex t shirts rather than anything specifically male and indeed mommy even bought me girls sweatshirts so in some ways I dressed more like a androgynous female albeit one deemed male at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment