Saturday, January 17, 2009

The LB years

As is common for most children, I did go to school and given how I was positioned in society as a boy given the district I was in I had to wear a school uniform five days a week.
We had grey sweaters, white shirts, grey long socks that went just below the knee with a patterned top, a red and offwhite tie and grey shorts. Our underpants had to be plain.
For PE/PT we had gym shorts, long socks for hockey and outdoor games and jersey which if you left them behind apart from being in trouble, you had to do them in what you had  on and when it came to PE that meant your underwear.
At my earliest schools we had wooden desks  with a compartment for your school books and space at the top for your pen and ink which if you were a junior it was the rule to write anything other than your homework and reminder book in.
High school  was different being a boarding school too but it was modern when it came things like facilities like having a well stocked library, swimming pool, gym as well as more modern tables, chairs and separate draws for your school work.
Our dorms were gender separated in theory but in practice outside of sleeping, I spend most of my time with the girls in their rooms which so long as the staff could see we were not up to anything we shouldn't (most unlikely in my case as I wasn't a lesbian), they turned a blind eye to it. In any event all the toilet facilities were unisex and lockable so given I go the loo just like any female wherever in the school we were and they did dress me in girls uniform from time to time which was nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment