Sunday, October 21, 2012

On taking steps back


Everything around this blog is a bit like an umbrella in some ways because what it is  I get from and am looking from from this whole being like a child who I am thing is a sense of place that makes sense for me.
Sense from the point of I am treated and engaged with at a level that I am capable of understanding both intellectually and emotionally because people have tried, sometimes pushed by so-called experts to take me further but that only created problems around coping with the expectations that go with them.
I had to be sheltered from a lot of things even in my later years at high school and my experiences since, not least the breakdown that happened a few years back underscored the problem because as hard as I tried to make sense of these expectations in reality I couldn't meet them. I only acted as if I had a understanding - and a shallow one at that - of them to try to fit in where really I wasn't and could not.
I need to take two steps back and be treated more as I actually am to take the step forward to do what I can the best I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment