Thoughts this week have been a bit more about the upcoming week toward the end of July and what to take as the case is relatively small, has to dragged by me so unlike some I can't take a whole minivan worth of dresses and all matching accessories.
What can fit more efficiently within the case tends to win out so traditionally I tended not to pack slippers as they take more surface area preferring slipper sox.
It's a bit early for any reliable weather forecast but if it warm to quite hot I will most likely pack my satin with lace frills night dress which wouldn't be just probably more comfortable given I'd be in the top of the property but also I so much prefer to wear more overly "girlie" attire where practical when I'm away.
As is the case even now, the length of ones skirt, or the skirt portion of ones pinafore is something that's taken seriously to avoid immodest displays shall we say and this cartoon shows one method of ensuring compliance.
I can remember well a college lecturer explaining how every so often her Mom would have her kneel on the ground to check her pinafore wasn't too short.
As the cartoon text illustrates growth spurts could lead to situations when some fitted them better than others.
While there are no formal rules while away, a certain decorum is expected around others and definitely no "flashes" of underwear and the like


Pink socks and white knickers...
ReplyDeleteCome and play with us!
https://oaks-and-pines.com/