Monday, January 3, 2011

Different shades of girlhood


My conception of being a girl is less stereotypical than many simply cos I grew up around them in their varying forms that sometimes overlapped a Tomboy might wear the odd  skirt or dress outside of the places where what were wore was constrained either by rules such as school or conventions like Church or social gatherings.
I wore mainly short pants, pink corduroy pants or jeans which weren't so removed from many (genetic) girls where I grew up so it was only tops and hair fashions that on the surface separated us  although I so wanted their summer dresses and school uniform.
Playing together meant messing up together so we all had our shorts or jeans lowered for spankings as was the 'go to' way to discipline us that when people did it with me worked a treat.
I intend to spend more time around Girl Littles especially those more Junior cos that's really where I belong.

No comments:

Post a Comment