Saturday, November 2, 2013

Comics in our lives


If it was a Thursday, then that always meant something to me namely it was the day the British comic (it’s owners are Scottish so it certainly isn’t English!), the Beano came out which I read as did a good number of my schoolfriends and although I loved Minnie The Minx more, Dennis the Menace was always popular. Always in trouble. Always picking of arch softie Walter.
   In so many ways, they were like us cos we got in trouble at school and at home, like our comic heroes and heroines, we were spanked if not caned at school and like at the end of the strip, it was all over with too with things put right.
   That was our world and I wouldn’t swap it for anything cos we knew where we stood and grown ups always stepped in when needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment