Wednesday, July 5, 2023

A weekend away

I'm just starting on writing this, an account of sorts of how this last weekend went recovering from the excitement as well as the heat of the last few weeks

For me, time spent in little/middle headspace is time well spent simply for being me with this weekends adventure beginning with catching  the local taxi to our principal rail station.

That made sense as I had some time to kill as the bus and trains don't quite tie in so well so I though I might as well check the destination boards, confirm which platform the train is due in and get there.

My train came in five minutes late which London Northwestern don't usually but as this was the result of a Manchester train being late after a super rapid platform change to manage with my case.

Having arrived I changed into my grey pinafore dress and had a mini code and chips as it was a little late for cooking from a quality local fish and chip shop which was scrumptious.

Sunday was the day of the Ikklespace picnic as organized by the great fantastic Sammy which generally involves a lot of bring various food  such as sandwiches, pies, cake and sausage rolls together with soft drinks to a well known view in South East England to share between ourselves and teddy bears.

We flew colourful kites competing with some massive model airplanes or venue users had, ran around blowing bubbles the size of clouds on the thermals, something I just loved, building massive plushie piles sometimes over people plus one person played an acoustic guitar.

The weather was mild with a mixture of sunshine and odd cloud which meant some did get an ice cream

Just after five as people were for departing we made our way back, dropping of one of our party at their flat before heading back to South Staffordshire where we had a sausage roll and cup of tie before bed.

I was up about a quarter of eight Monday morning to catch the nine fifty-three train to my local rail station which was delayed due to incidents by a half hour before taking a taxi back home for around eleven forty in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment