Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Random Wednesday round up

 This week I am supposed to be undertaking an activity but the part that I have hasn't arrived here of late so instead I'm trying to get other things done so I can accommodate that as soon as it arrives and that includes writing this.

Monday saw the death of Geoffrey Hayes who was the parental adult figure on the commercial ITV Network show Rainbow from 1974 through 1992 keeping Zippy,George and Bungle in order  which was supposed to be for pre-schoolers but many of us who watched were older catching it at Lunchtimes in an era most of us didn't  didn't have video recorders.
The show had segments and one was Rod, Freddy and Jane's folk music slot which was enjoyable to listen too and matched the folk revival in the adult world in the 70's.

I did get out Sunday even though it was drizzling for a walk whereupon I came by his nutkins  playing on the ground where someone had tossed a golden yellow corn cob before clambering up into a tree as I stood looking on in awe of his speed and agility.
Earlier on  I saw the sheep in the freeholding here as the leaves are beginning to fall even if we haven moved into that delightful colour phase of the fall as yet.

Talking of trees we have had some more work on tidying up some of our trees and bushes that had rather taken over parts of our garden during the summer although one side of this is it has exposed a problem in Grumpy's domain, namely one shed roof as partially fell in!
Although I can easily think of a temporary fix until he replaces it which to be honest is what needs apart from a pruning of contents, that's his problem not mine.
I'd sooner sit here and listen to my new cds and have fun than worry my little head over that!

No comments:

Post a Comment