Monday, April 8, 2019

Colour therapy

You may of noticed a few comments around how the present situation in this country is having a adverse affect on me and I think a few times I have mentioned coping strategies.
Recently I was given this unique product, part of whole series of small books with various inspiration quotes and things.
Although in so far as the general public goes, they see colouring as a relaxation technique as fairly modern although the famous psychiatrist Carl Jung prescribed it as far back as the nineteen twenties and today many medical practitioners and occupational therapists are suggesting it has widespread benefits across many issues.
Personally I've always found colouring  relaxing apart from just fitting in well within my younger than my years frame of mind but moreover because using colouring as a therapy uses parts of the brain that enhance focus and concentration, it helps too with organization skills, memory which is something I sure struggle with and positivity.
What this book has is small selection of drawing to colour but included with it is a cd of relaxing music that is designed to listened to in tandem with the colouring to enhance the relaxation and lead toward a meditative state of mind.
It is something I would suggest trying out.

No comments:

Post a Comment