Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Toleration: A Two way street?

 Almost the end of the month so after relaxing a bit on Monday we come to a different topic as we try to find where this blog fits in 2023.



One thing is to just talk around certain things and one is relevant as I sit typing this out upstairs and that is the attitudes of the neighbours adult children although in truth they've displayed this through most of their childhood.

I go to put on a record - yes one those big plastic things with holes on - and within minutes I am hearing loud persistent knocking from the room opposite next door where one has returned where it was not being played unduly loudly and I might add I have loud computer gaming with very strong language being used to half eleven at night from them.

At other times one as knocking in the evening or loud singing to karaoke systems and indeed on Saturday thick smoke from a B-BQ that caused us to shut every window as we were struggling to breathe.

They are it has to be said autistic - which I openly admit I am too - but this wouldn't and wasn't allowed to develop to a sense of telling everybody else where to get off while imposing your needs and impulses on others.

It just seems to me their parents take the easy way out rather than encouraging toleration and some respect for others at bed time too.


No comments:

Post a Comment