Wednesday, January 14, 2026

Closing the door

I'm a bit annoyed this week when just remarking on the Grok controversy that a.n.other had posted in an "off topic" thread as it applied to adults whose images were manipulated in sexual ways or children depicted sexually you're told they agree with some of your observations, they are concerned about the themes you spoke (very briefly) of and that you're told to keep things sweet and little girl like.

Sorry, but all isn't sweetness and light some of us were abused as children sexually and given the many issues we've had from people seeing us as "debbie downers", liars and much worse expecting to go crawl under a rock and never mention either what happened or that it can being told in effect mentioning something pertinent to our experience of being LG can't even be referenced (we're not talking graphic detail just saying it happens).

We live with the effects every day and in our LG lives, a person who I won't name needed to taken outside by me and told in no uncertain terms just going behind you and grabbing  you is deeply traumatic and they were to never, ever do it again at a meet up just underscores and and wishing away the idea some of us like sadly some actually children are living with this grates.

Shutting people out was a textbook emotional response for me for many many years and I guess it can be justified as a means of preventing others actions from hurting your inner feelings.

It seems a lot easier than dealing with their drama or give them another chance to hurt you even more. I do that sometimes when I get tired of the drama or I know they are gonna say something hurtful I just cut off the relationship cold and walk away. 
 
The trouble was it drifted into shutting people out to prevent any possible hurt learning to deal with relationships.

I've had it with being silenced.

No comments:

Post a Comment