Wednesday, September 16, 2026

Sleep well but do sleep

Yes people, I'm feeling sleepy today and that's pretty much what I'll be doing in a bit.

As a number of you know, I go to bed early at least in part because I get tired easy which is why I disappear from chat just as some of you are like getting going but I broke that particular rule on Sunday as The Grump had lost one of collection of Mobile Phones and this was the one with medical apps and that on it so obviously it mattered to find it.

Unfortunately this whole adventure started around ten o clock at night so not only did it delay me getting to bed where it was found in a bin bag with waste card and paper from his room, the ensuing rants kept going to nearly eleven and really that's too late to really clear from my mind 

So this meant I didn't really get much sleep at all, not least when you wake up, finding yourself lashing about, mind subconsciously  trying to fight what had happened literally so really Monday was a blur so it was a good job he wasn't going anywhere as I was out of spoons,

Blog has changed a bit, this is true when it comes to direction although this weeks post is more "old school" than I usually do, we've had quite a few more people reading this blog so I'll end this entry before I go bed with my teddy with a thought.

Ever thought of doing say a day in the life of your inner child? 

Somedays I often feel like things like doing something like being in a school setting studying apart from my habit of 'playing', running going on my swing for a half hour or more a day and so on.  It wouldn't be just for learning stuff though who knows I might but more for the calm feeling of being in an emotional place you feel comfortable in.

Any thoughts?

1 comment:

  1. "A Day in The Life of My Inner Child." -
    What a good exercise in self realisation. I'm afraid grown up me would be quite strict and there would be rules expectations, chores and lessons set to say nothing of consequences.
    In the past I have already awarded myself 500 lines for being spiteful to an annoying neighbour. Day dreaming earned me 100 etc. 3 sets of lines in two weeks resulted in an early bedtime a good smacking and no dinner.
    I grew up in the 50/60's and feared the cane as well as the slipper.

    ReplyDelete