Saturday, January 17, 2015

Attitude in the home to be worked on

I was talking with my Caregiver this week and he started to talk about something that kind of shocked me, like he asked what do I do around the house. Actually that's so off of the radar with me I'm like thinking whaddya mean but in a way that underscore one of big problems in my life which is actually I'm not really being responsible for it.
He's saying to me this has to change but at least a part of the problem is that other people seem so reluctant to move out of  doing something they see as their role not least with my folks feeling in some ways guilty for the disabilities I have.
It's easy to find excuses for excusing me but outside of you doing things that actually most people are expected to the other side of this  that it encourages me to feel other people should just do this for me too.
He's agreed a change I'm to work toward around this: Chores and I have to do them.
Chores
Own area
Making own bed
Getting clothes out for the next day
Hanging up own clothes neatly after wearing/washing
Making sure worn clothes are available for washing
Keeping own spaces tidy
Helping in the home 
Fixing own breakfast
Setting tables with cutlery, mats, glasses and cold refreshing drink
Clearing away and washing up afterward
Tidying away in other spaces after you
Helping with vacuuming
Feeding pets

In our regular communication around me and how I'm being helped, I have to talk with total honesty about how much of this I am doing.
I felt rather like this:

 It says a lot that my reaction is just like a teen, rather pouty as if you're gonna make me, huh?
Well, if I don't I'm going to get a spanking as this is going to be  part of my agreement which is probably what I need although the biggest irony in all this is teen me need this why back then.

No comments:

Post a Comment