Saturday, December 19, 2015

Gratitude


“Said you’re bored with your poxy presents did you Miss?” “I spent a lot of my time and money on them and to have such a show of ingratitude from you, Jo, I have no choice but to deal with your attitude here and now.”
Originally published over the Christmas break, as we look back over that period a month back, how many of us really felt appreciative of the presents people bought us and how as ever did we deal with the disappointments.
Did we feel ‘Meh’ as we unwrapped each and every one, even getting into a funk as we opened it up thinking “God, don’t they know I’d never use that?” even feeling insulted by their choice?
I have to be honest and say in the past i have been like that - proper miserable to live with - and actually a good hard spanking  with a simple to understand lecture would of helped set me straight.

No comments:

Post a Comment